Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happythanksgivingmerrychristmas!

It's been about 3 weeks already since all the commercials have been coming out for Christmas advertisements....and yet, we haven't even enjoyed the one day where we can recollect what we're thankful for this year.  

Not sure where this photo came from, but I love it, and if the artist wishes me to take it down, I will.  It was just so fitting! 
 It saddens me how we all 'buy" into the crazy madness of Black Friday to get the most amazing deals on electronics and toys.  I haven't had a Black Friday off in over 5 years, and even if I did, and attempted to shop on that day, I'd probably end up beating someone up from the crazy chaos that crowds draw in.  Or waiting for people to come out of the store to run them over with Sugarbutt.  I hate crowds.  I hate crowds where stores lure people in for a great deal to only have the possibility to be let down for them being sold out, or even worse, getting punched in the face for wearing a perm-a-grin smile on your face for getting the last one.  No, that has never happened to me, but I've heard stories! 

Anyway, I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy the day with people that you love and remember to be thankful for all that you have. 

For those who are bracing themselves for a Black Friday shopping extravaganza's...good luck, God's speed and a Happythanksgivingmerrychristmas to you!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Preach it, sister! I get so riled up when I hear Christmas music in stores in early November that I want to just start punching people around me. I hate how Christmas completely railroads over the one holiday that signifies everything I really care about: Thanksgiving doesn't want you to stress out over rampant commercialization or forced cheer or buying gifts -- all it wants is for you to surround yourself with the ones you love and eat til you have to unbutton your pants. That's why I boycott Black Friday by spending it indoors nursing a sweet Thanksgiving Day hangover.