Thursday, January 19, 2012

Whole30 Challenge Week 2

Week 1 was successful!  Week 2, also successful, so far.  But Week 2 is giving me some struggle.  The CRAVINGS have been horrible!  I've craved wine, cheesecake, peanut butter, cream cheese, Wine, milk, wine and some other random things, but on a side note, randomly found out that I like olives!  I found green olives at the olive bar at the grocery store with olive oil and garlic on them.  Those with some almonds, were a really great snack a few times this week.  I only bought, literally 5 olives, because I wasn't really sure why I was buying them, because for as long as I've known myself, I've never liked them.  One of the Whole30 Challenge'ss side effects are that your tastebuds may change.  So maybe that's it. 

My menu this past week so far has looked something like this...2 Eggs for breakfast, leftover spaghetti squash for lunch.  At least up until today when I ran out of spaghetti squash.  For dinner Monday, Eddie had a hankering for sushi so I asked the sushi chef what I could have without rice?  He made these delicious salmon with spicy tuna rolls wrapped in cucumbers.  I loaded up on the wasabi and fresh ginger, and wowza!  DELISH! 


Salmon & Spicy Tuna rolls wrapped in Cucumber

Tuesday night dinner, I baked in my crocketpot cornish hens with carrots with sea salt, rosemary, olive oil and oregano.  Kind of bland for my taste, and Eddie's too since he added some gluten free soy sauce to his.  But regardless I ate the leftovers today for lunch.  Wednesday  night was a rush for me, because I started a class for the Spring semester at the local college.  So I quickly chopped up some cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion and fresh red cabbage with lemon juice, olive oil and some sea salt for a simple greek salad.  I was wishing I had saved a few olives to throw in there, but I was piggy Monday and Tuesday and finished those off.  So the greek salad was OK,  not the greatest.  But, I plan on eating that tonight for dinner before I start my homework.  I'm so proud of myself for not wasting any food the past two weeks.   


Cornish Hen & Carrots

So other than the cornish hens this week, I haven't done any cooking.  It's all been leftovers or quick cold (salads) meals.  I've snacked on an apple everyday too in the morning and a Lara Bar the other day when Eddie ate some carrot cake with cream cheese frosting....mmmm.  HA HA 

Almost halfway through.  Also, there are plans in the making for a girls night this weekend, so I'll keep you posted on how I do with that!  Hopefully I'll be able to keep my wine craving under control.

No comments: