Tuesday, January 14, 2014

17 Weeks



How far along? 17 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 12lbs gained (haven't weighed in)


Maternity clothes? In the pants department, maternity pants are by far the most comfortable.  I have been getting away occasionally, wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans using a hair band around the button and loop.  This hair band maternity trick is very clever!  Althought it's not my favorite because it shows a lump from the button and hair tie.  I also have been waiting for a belly band to show up that I ordered off of Zulily, but holy crap, it's been a month since I ordered it...how long am I suppose to wait with them to recieve the product?  Everytime I check the order status it still says "shipping to Zulily."

I receieved my new bras!!  Praise Jesus, I'm comfortable again.  I'm up 1 cup size, but gave myself more room around the torso. Soooo much better!  I think all my weight gain was in my chest.  Just call me, "Big Boob Betty." ;) 
Stretch marks? None so far.
Sleep: My sleeping habits have been good.  Been going to bed at 9 or 9:30, getting up to use the bathroom about 2-3 times per night.  I'm averaging 8 to 8 1/2 hours per sleep each night according to the Jawbone UP.  Have you tried the Jawbone?  It's pretty cool.  It also tells me how active I'm being during the day which since my job is pretty sedentary, is a nice reminder to get up and take a walk around the building, or take a lap or two up and down the stairs.

Best moment this week:  While at crossfit, I was trying to perform a clean and while trying to get the bar up, I kept hitting the baby bump.  Baby bump is starting to get in the way of things!!!!  HA HA!

Eddie laughed and said, "Toughen that baby up, show him who's boss."  Although our coach was like, "Yeah, let's do some sumo deadlift high pulls instead."  Ha ha, so that workout I modified the cleans to the sumo deadlift high pulls.  I guess bumping the bump is frowned upon.   

Miss Anything?  I've been missing beer lately.  It just sounds so good. 

Movement: I don't believe I have felt any movement still.  Still thinking what I do feel, might just be gas.
Food cravings: I still am loving fresh fruit.  I've been eating pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, oranges and cantaloupe.  I've also been eating salads again!  HOOORAY!!!  Veggies for snacks, like carrots and cucumbers are my favorite lately.  I also have been eating cereal!  Rice Chex or Corn Chex (both gluten free) with a banana or some blueberries thrown in the mix.  Delish!  I've eaten that for dinner twice this past week, it's so yummy.  It's been the perfect go to meal after work and crossfit.  So I may not be totally back on Paleo, but I'm on the road to a more Paleo-ish style. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: No, I'm happy to say that I haven't been feeling bad at all.  I've been feeling great!

Have you started to show yet:  HELLOOOOOO baby bump.  This baby I feel has had a huge growth spurt in there.  It feels weird to bend over to put on my shoes, which is annoying, although I'm still capable of doing sit ups.  Yippee~!

Gender: A majority of you think it's going to be a girl, or wish a little girl on Eddie.  ;)  But I'm still convinced it's a boy.  I don't know why.  I keep calling him, he, and him without hesitation.  We've had someone who has guessed 9 for 9 babies with 100% accuracy tell us that it is, in fact, a boy.  Oooooohhhhh, this is so fun!!  I can't wait to find out.
Special things I'm focusing on:  Staying strong, building my endurance and staying active with crossfit.  Drinking lots of water (4-5 20 ounce bottles of water per day).   
Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, happy, happy!

Looking forward to:  Finding out who is right, is it a boy or a girl?


 


 

No comments: