Thursday, March 6, 2014

24 Weeks

Hi everyone!  I'm feeling much better this week, less of the dizzy-like spells but still getting them unfortunately, my cold is gone and I'm gaining back some of that lost energy that I was afraid was gone til the end of the pregnancy.  Phew!


How far along? 24 Weeks


Total weight gain/loss: 24 lbs gained.  Seems to be a pound a week, althought my doctor gave me the "talk" on eating healthy and staying active. She told me that I was on the high side of weight gain for where I'm at in the pregnancy.  Seriously!?  I eat Paleo 60% of the time and I was still crossfitting at least twice a week prior to my cold. 
I wanted to punch her in the throat. 

Stretch marks? No stretchmarks.

Sleep: I've been heading to bed around 8:45pm most nights to read a little before turning out the light.  I'm currently reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and Elizabeth Gilbert's book The Signature of all things.  Both so far have been very good.  I thought maybe reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth  would be a bad idea before bed, but honestly, it's been very refreshing and has lessened my fears some of giving birth.  Ina May Gaskin is a well known midwife around the country as well as other countries.  She has written a few books in regards to childbirth and midwifery, and runs one of the first out-of-hospital birthing centers in the country.  I will be delivering in a hospital, however this book is for anyone woman whose seeking some kind of security or reassurance in the birthing process. 

By the time I finish reading it's probably 9:00pm or shortly there after, I'm only getting up to use the bathroom 2-3 times per night, but have been sleeping very soundly again. 

Best moment this week: 


Miss Anything?  Deli meat.  I'm craving one of those Bill Cosby kind of sandwiches...

Mmmm, I could eat that whole sandwich AND the bowl of potato chips. 

My doctor had said anything is OK in limitations, and I have endulged in a Subway sandwich here and there, but for the most part have been keeping my distance, along with Sushi.


Movement: He's been moving around alot, especially after I have a meal, and just last night I saw him moving from the outside looking at my belly.  Now I know, I know, I know this whole pregnancy process is a miracle and many view as beautiful.  But honestly, it freaks me out and makes me feel a little queasy.  I'm trying to see it as beautiful and miraculous and when I think about it, it is, but when I feel it, I want to throw up my lunch.  My skin stretching, my belly hanging over beyond my legs already (knowing it's only going to get bigger)...it all makes me very uncomfortable...physically as well as temporarily mentally.  Part of me has started to think that maybe some of these dizzy like spells I've been having are just anxiety of pregnancy.  Maybe some of you mama's and papa's out there have a way to help me think differently, and if so, I'm all ears.   

I watched the other night the movie "What to Expect when You're Expecting" and it made me laugh and cry a whole lot.  But I didn't feel so alone when Elizabeth Banks character said, " I just wanted the glow.  The one that they promise you on the cover of those magazines. Well, I'm calling it - pregnancy sucks. Making a human being is really hard. I have no control over my body or my emotions."


Food cravings:  I can't really think of any cravings I had this week.  Other than the Deli Meat...

Anything making you queasy or sick: Seeing my belly move from Alien Baby inside.  :)


Special things I'm focusing on: I've been working on our baby registry to prepare for what we will need when Baby C. arrives in June.  I've found a site called Baby List which allows you to register on any online site.  I love it because it hasn't restricted us to choose one or two stores to "register" at.  Plus, if you're a smart shopper, you could probably find some items cheaper at different places than where I listed them from (or have a coupon) or find them physically in a store and still mark the item "Reserved" on the Baby List without having to purchase online via the link given. 

The only downfall I have found is that the list doesn't sync with a store registry, so if you went into Target to search for Target items on the Baby List at their in store registry kiosk, it wouldn't be there... unless you created an individual Target Registry too.  However, Baby List has created a way for you to merge store registries onto the Baby List.  So if you have already started a Target registry, Baby List has made it easy for you to add it on.

While trying to determine what we need versus what we want, I would also like to ask all you mama's and papa's out there what things are worth registering for, what you wished you had registered for and what you couldn't live without when the baby was born.  I need some advice there, but so far think I'm off to a good start and it's been fun!

Belly Button in or out?  still an innie but stretched.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I've defintily been able to remove the grumpy pants this week.



Looking forward to:  Getting the crib next week, so I'm looking forward to putting all the baby furniture together very soon!!!  Wait til you all see the Nursery we have in the works. 

No comments: