Thursday, June 5, 2014

37 Weeks

Happy Thursday!  I hope you've been having a great week.  Baby C and I have been having some interesting sensations this week!

 Lots of aches, lots of cramping, and some swolleness.


 
How far along? 37 weeks;  Baby is the size of a watermelon (19-22 in., 6.5 lbs). 

The doctor did a measurement this week and guess-timated that Baby C is 6 lbs 10 oz right now and predicts he'll be an average size baby and not huge like I keep imagining.  She did ask me what size shoe I wore...but it wasn't because she was interested in my shoes!  She said small feet tend to mean small pelvic openings.  Ugh!  At a size 6 1/2 shoe (which has not changed during pregnancy, thank goodness) and sizing up Eddie she had a talk with us about shoulder dystocia.  I read about it in Ina May Gaskins book.  I think I would be more worried about shoulder dystocia if I was going to be unable to move around and change positions. 

37 Weeks large! :)


Total weight gain/loss: Up 32 lbs. No more, no loss from last week.  Now that I am on weekly doctor appointments, I've begun eating much cleaner and more paleo again.  I figure a nice detox before labor and delivery is exactly what Baby C and I need. 



Stretch marks? No stretch marks.
Sleep: I had a rough night of sleeping the other night.  I felt as though I couldn't breathe and was having alot of Braxton Hicks.  I think Baby C is moving on down...I am feeling much more pressure on my bladder and hips.  My side sleep training was a good thing I thought, my now my hips ache to lie on them at night.  I've start out sleeping on my left side, then alternate to the other side every time I get up to pee.   By then my hip aches so bad it takes me a good 30-45 seconds to even stand up out of bed to get to the bathroom.






Movement: Baby C is still an active boy.  The doctor's smile and laugh when trying to get his heart rate with the doppler and always say, "he's an active one!"  Baby C has also been pretty consistent with daily hiccups the past week.  Sometimes two to three times per day.  I asked the Doctor about that too and she said that is a wonderful sign, that means he's practicing using his lungs. 

Food cravings: Craving sweets again, pretty sure it's because I'm being more strict on my diet again eating cleaner, but fruit is helping, blueberries, strawberries and bananas.  Sometimes even the frozen chocolate covered bananas from Trader's Joe's hits the spot.  I also have been craving coffee in the afternoons again.  I have not indulged and trying to stick to one cup of caffeine per day, sometimes two if it's a rough morning.



27 Weeks
37 Weeks

What a difference 10 weeks makes!!!


 


Special things I'm focusing on:  Moving around as much as possible.  I'm working on taking walks daily and doing some dips to keep my arms toned ha ha!  Over the next week my goal is take a walk every day. 

Like I mentioned earlier, eating cleaner.  Fueling my body and my baby for his birthday.

I'm in the process of going through a list of pediatricians to call and "interview".  I actually have two that I'm really interested in based on referrals from friends.  I guess we should have done this a few weeks ago, but I'm not too worried about it, just need to have someone picked by the time we get to the hospital. 

Labor Signs: Cramping daily and sporadically throughout the day.  Yesterday it lasted all morning and even made me felt nauseous.  I took a stroll around the  yard at lunch with the dogs which seemed to help with the discomfort. 

Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing the rings.  We had a real hot day the other day and one of the AC units broke at work so it was like a sauna which I then did swell in both the hands and feet.  But it was almost 90 degrees in the office.  Thankfully I have a little fan in my office.
Happy or Moody most of the time:   I'm happy, a little anxious and tired.


Looking forward to: The end is near.  I'll try not to complain and enjoy the rest of this experience.
 


No comments: