Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Gym

So the gym I go to I absolutely love because it has so many options of group fitness to equipment and a convertible indoor/outdoor pool.  The Big Vanilla!  I still do not understand where the name came from or understand how it relates to fitness...  Anyway.  While I was at the gym last night for a quick 30 minute upper body workout, I took a look around the gym at the various members ranging from young high schoolers, to probably retired people...good range of demographics, I thought.  Then I started watching the different programs that they had on the plethera of televisions.  3 out of the 10 television were on different cooking programs.  "Cooking with Paula" with Paula Deen, whom I love to watch even though she has on more than one episode said "everything fried is better!"  to which I agree.  Ha ha!  The other cooking show was "Down Home with the Neely's".  They were making delicioius BBQ recipes similarily to what they serve in their restaurants.  Anyway, my point is, while working out watching the delicious, gourmet meals, BBQ, desserts, and fried foods being cooked before me, my mouth started watering!  "Mmmm, steak!" I thought, "oooh key lime pie!"  It all looked so good~!  So the more I started thinking about this I thought, has anyone every thought about what's on the television at the gym and when?  I am lucky to get to the gym 3-4 times per week.  I enjoy going around 9am, and would everyday if I could, however I have an 8-5 job, so during the week, my gym time is right after work...just in time for me to want to eat dinner!  Going to the gym around 5 or 6 o'clock and to see those cooking shows totally makes me want to leave the gym and go home and EAT!    Granted there are other television programs on the other tv's like the depressing evening news, ESPN Sports and watching the scandels of Tiger Woods, and a couple music television channels as well.  For me...that's, well, BORING~!  So, I guess maybe watching these shows is a good way to try and hurdle over the temptation of eating and staying at the gym...increasing my will power while working out and watching food!  HA HA.  Well it didn't work last night, I went home, cooked up some asparagus for my dinner...ate that, then resorted to eating a bowl of mac and cheese and some pumpkin bread, then a cookie.  DOH!  I failed.  Will power has been depleted.  Ugh.  But, there is always another day to try again.  :)

No comments: