Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Babies Shmabies, I want tits!"

Today's bring your kid to work day.  I remember back when I was a kid going to work with my Dad.  It was more of getting out of school that I enjoyed than actually going to work, however it was always fun to spend the day with my Dad on the road.  He was a salesmen.  But now a days, at least at my office, bring your kid to work day has turned into romper room at the office.  I'm sure it's a great adventure for kids to come to a spirit and wine distributor for the day.  Ya know, show them how to mix cocktails, crunch numbers and take them on a tour to show them where thousands of bottles of alcohol is stored.  Now before any of my co-workers choose to stop reading this, I think it's awesome for the kids, I really do.  But I cannot help to wonder what are they really getting out of it?  I believe my company goes above and beyond making it a worth while trip for the kids to be able to get something educational out of the day...like how to mix mommy and daddy's cocktails when they get home from work.  HA HA, totally kidding, sort of!  ;)

On another note..Bring your kid to work day always brings up the comment somewhere in the day, "Christine, where are your little ones???"  HA!  I have to admit for a long time I've had a phobia of having children.  Mostly because of the medical debacle, but also because of my selfishness that I have yet to give up to another human being.  I'm not saying it will never happen, and it has crossed my mind more recently since there has been an epidemic of pregnancies in my circle of friends, but frankly, I'm just not ready.  Not to mention, I'm not even married yet.  I still want to have a savings account, I still want to spend without having to think...this should go into mini-me's college fund!!    When I was in NC, my friend was telling me about her and her husband's special account to save for a baby, however she stated she'd rather have a boob job first!  She ranted "Babies shmabies, I want tits!"  Perfectly put, my dear friend. 

So with that said...Babies shmabies, I want tits too!!!    At least for now anyway.  :)

No comments: