Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Choices

Have you ever hit a fork in the road and said, "Where am I going?"  Life has just been passing by so quickly this year that I have to stop, really, physically STOP: to take a moment to look around me and say...where do I want to go, am I going in the right direction?  This year has been extremely eventful, not only for me, but for my close circle of friends.  I got engaged...and then quickly married, three of my friends are having babies, two have bought new homes, my childhood home is under contract to be sold...and the list could go on....to crazy places that I'll just leave in the past.

We make our choices then our choices make us and I'm pretty confident the fork prongs I've chosen that brought me to where I am today have brought me happiness.  That's what it's about anyway, right?  Happiness? Of course I'll continuing striving for Utopia, but for now, I'll keep my head where my feet are. 

Life is made of choices, remove your shoes or scrub the floor.

1 comment:

kristin austin said...

I can sooooo relate!! ;) I think my mantra this year was to just roll with the punches, take advantage of new opportunities, and go forward one day at a time!!! Plus get a really good shrink!!! Ready or not...here comes 2012!!!