Wednesday, December 18, 2013

14 Weeks

How far along? 14 Weeks

14 Weeks Preggers



Total weight gain/loss: 8lbs gained (haven't weighed myself...maybe more)

Maternity clothes? I ordered a new bra, a belly band and a maternity camisole to help wear under some of my regular clothes.  My regular clothes are really becoming uncomfortable, especially the pants.  I'm hoping the belly band will give me some more time in my regular pants since it's Christmas time, and I don't want to spend money on maternity pants right now.  I asked my boss today if it would be OK if i started wearing sweat pants to work...he laughed at me....but I was serious.  :)
Stretch marks? None so far.
Sleep: Sleeping is still going good.  I can barely make it to 9pm in the evenings though, unless it's a weekend and I get a nap in.  I'm usually in bed by 8:30 and sleep til about 7am or 7:15am, with two to three trips to the bathroom throughout the night breaking up my sleep. 
Best moment this week:  Not baby related, but I finished Christmas shopping and mailed out the packages and they will be there before Christmas.  I feel stress free now.  :)  Christmas is less than a week away! Yippeee!!

Miss Anything?  I haven't really felt like I've been missing much in the food department.  I've been eating what I want.  I mean compared to how I was eating with Paleo pre-pregnancy...Now, I'm eating bagels, English muffins, potato chips, grilled cheese, and dairy...lots of yogurt, milk and cottage cheese.   So I'm not really feeling deprived with food.

I am missing my energy, though.  Last week I made it to the gym 4 days, this week....I haven't gone yet.  But its on the agenda for this evening.  I feel more tired now in my second trimester than I did in the first.
Movement: I haven't felt any movement yet.
Food cravings: Weekly cheeseburger still.  Oooh and salad...I crave salads again...but they need to have egg in them with ranch dressing.  Other things I'll crave on the fly.  For example, I'll want a grilled cheese for lunch, so I'll make one.  Or for dinner I'll crave pasta with red sauce, so I'll have that.  But in case you were wondering, and I'm sure it's pretty obvious... going to the grocery store while pregnant and hungry is not recommended.  I did that the other day and picked up 4 cans of spaghettio's with meatballs, pepperoni with cheese and crackers, potato  chips and a watermelon.  Eddie could not believe I bought the spaghettios!  It's been years since I've had them, but they looked good at the time.  Haven't cracked them open yet.  :)

Anything making you queasy or sick: This week I experienced my first pregnancy migraine.  It was terrible.  I was nauseous, saw flashing lights, it hurt to so bad I cried.  Then I became emotional and cried harder asking Eddie how in the heck would I be able to handle childbirth if I can't even handle a migraine.  He reminded me that there were drugs for that.  But unfortunately, all I got was Tylenol for the migraine, drank lots of water, sat in a dark room, tried to sleep and used a neck massager all over my head and neck.  Now that I think back, it may have been self induced.  We had the fireplace going all weekend, I baked three different kinds of cookies, was cleaning the house, wrapping presents and not paying attention to how much water I was taking in.  I didn't rest enough, and I clearly didn't drink enough water.  That was a hard lesson to learn. 
Have you started to show yet:  Yes, I've got the baby bump going on.

Gender:  This week I think it's a boy again.
Special things I'm focusing on:  Paying attention to my water intake and resting when I feel tired.  I've noticed my back starting to get sore if I'm on my feet too long, especially on the weekends, and I'm sort of using that as my cue to sit down and try to relax for a bit or nap.
Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  This week I've been happy but tired.  Since the migraine I haven't really gotten my swing of energy back.  I hope I didn't lose it.

Looking forward to: Getting to the gym.

No comments: