Friday, May 16, 2014

34 Weeks

34 Weeks
Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's been 4 weeks since my last post!   Oops!!  But so much has happened, so much has changed and so much to tell.

By 32 weeks and having very little energy after work to drag myself to the gym for crossfit, I decided to save the money and put my membership on hold. I was very, very sad about this decision. I felt I had given up. I always told myself I would be one of those people who worked out til the day I went into labor. Well I'm not. The stairs at work, the stairs in the new house, cleaning, and lots of walking is about all the activity my body can seem to handle these days. I get winded very quickly... Baby C is clearly sitting on my lungs.

Everything hurts!  Ok, I may be slightly exaggerating... a little.  My back gets sore for any length of time on my feet, while my calves and my feet also seem to ache.  My DIY foot rest at work has been a lifesaver! ;)  

Footrest at work! ha ha




Eddie and I spent this past Sunday morning doing some yard work at the old house.  While he mowed, I weeded the back garden and dug up some plants to transfer to the new house.  We then went back to the new house, and I then planted all those plants.  By 2pm, I was literally crawling to get to the bathroom.  I thought my back was going to snap in half.  I definitely over did it.  It was a sad realization that my body isn't where my head is.


We successfully completed the birthing class!  Ha ha, which led us to realize we didn't want to deliver at St. Agnes Hospital due to some of their birthing protocols.  I know I don't want to be laboring in a bed, or at least as little as possible.  I want to be mobile, let gravity help the process.  In the birthing class the biggest thing we learned were all different kinds of positions to try during labor... and the worst one to be in was laying in a bed.  I enjoyed the experience with Eddie of the birthing class.  It taught me an important step... to tour some facilities or birthing centers PRIOR to choosing a doctor.  We now have an appointment with a new doctor strictly because we found another birthing hospital we prefer.  Kind of a scary transfer at this stage of the game, but I had some great referrals from the birthing class instructor and spoke to some people on the tour of Mercy Hospital that went to our newly chosen doctor's practice that said some comforting and reassuring things.

We hired a Doula!!!  We had our first prenatal visit with her this week, and she gave us a TON of information!  I'll update you all on that in my next post.  Lots of good info!!

How far along? 34 weeks


Total weight gain/loss: Up 31 lbs.  


32 Weeks
Maternity clothes? everything is getting tighter!  My one pair of black maternity pants for work may be just about done with.  They are uncomfortable to wear.  I just ordered two Liz Lange cotton dresses from Target to take me through the home stretch, one size larger than the previous dresses I bought in that brand.  With 6 weeks left, I'm hoping this is it for maternity purchases.
Stretch marks? Still no stretch marks!  WOO HOO
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well...but when I have to get up to go to the bathroom (3-4 times per night) my belly aches.  I'm no longer using just my ab muscles to lift myself up, I'm using my arms and swinging my legs for momentum to get myself up. 

Movement: The kid must have my elbows...paybacks a bitch.

Food cravings: Sweets!  I've been having lots of sweets cravings.  I need to start curbing this new addiction back some, but it's been very easy to indulge since Easter with all the goodies. I've also been snacking on blueberries.





 


Special things I'm focusing on:   Reminding myself to rest.  I'm also compiling a list to put in our "Go Bag" for the hospital.  Eddie had the "Go Bag" all picked out.  So far the only things I have in there is some after birth underroos as I'm calling them, from my friend Kristin, some tucks pad she gave me also, the baby's homecoming outfit, hat and blanket and some make up.  Ha ha...yes I packed some make up.
Labor Signs: No, other than just being uncomfortable, cause I hear labor is pretty uncomfortable.

Belly Button in or out? It's an outtie.  Eddie told me at 31 weeks that I wasn't allowed to call it a half innie-half outtie anymore.  It's an outtie.  Period.

Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing the rings with no real swelling issues.
Happy or Moody most of the time:   Happy, but tired.

Looking forward to: LABOR!  I know, I'm crazy, but this whole pregnancy thing has been fun and all, and I've been blessed with a great, no issues pregnancy,  but I'm over it.  Let's do this!


34 Weeks

 

No comments: