Friday, April 18, 2014

30 Weeks

Hi everyone!  Everyone gearing up for the Easter weekend?  It should be relatively busy for us.  We have our first half of a birthing class at the hospital Saturday and on Sunday a small get together for Brunch!  It should be a fun weekend.

The meeting with the first Doula went wonderfully.  She is also a Labor and Delivery nurse at a local hospital so her experience with that I think is wonderful.  She is very balanced and flexible in her practice.  By that I mean, she works with all types of deliveries medicated or not.  Which I'd like to go unmedicated as long as possible with the hopes of not using any, but I'm not completely opposed to using it if medically necessary or I just wimp out from the pain.  We have another Doula we'll be meeting next week as well and between the two, we hope to make a decision on one or the other or see how we feel about having one at all after the first half of the birthing class this weekend.

How far along? 30 weeks


Total weight gain/loss: Up 28 lbs



Maternity clothes? I'm not sure if it's the maternity dresses and tops I'm wearing, but everyone at work has been commenting this week on how much I've 'popped' this week.  Baby C is popping out to say hello everybody!!

Stretch marks? No stretch marks.
Sleep: Sleeping beautifully still. 

Movement: Baby C is moving around all the time, in fact right now I'm looking down at my belly and I can see him moving across my belly from side to side.  He seems to favor kicking my right side.  I told the doctor how active he has been lately, she told me an active baby in the womb typically means a very happy baby out of the womb.  :)
 
Food cravings: This week I craved Nachos, yogurt and beer.  I have finally endulged in the N-A beers, and I have to admit, they taste amazing.
The past week I was pretty much off the Whole30.  I'm not really torn up about this time because after talking to the doctor, my tests came back all normal.  I'm not anemic or diabetic and she said I was at a perfect weight and one of the healthiest pregnant women she has seen in awhile.  YEAH!!  Although she did say try not lose weight but also try not to gain....  I find that maybe the gaining part might be difficult, but I have done really well in the past 6 weeks only gaining 3 lbs!  Especially since I've 'popped' out so much.


30 Weeks Vs. 24 Weeks




 
Special things I'm focusing on: Staying active, eating well and getting plenty of rest.
Labor Signs: Few nights of Braxton Hicks this week that lasted about a half hour each

Belly Button in or out? half innie, half outtie

Wedding rings on or off? Still on, and swelling from previous week must be down, because they are not tight anymore.
Happy or Moody most of the time:   Happy and emotional about silly stuff.  I was listening to the Jesus Christ Superstar album this week and got all weepy listening to some of those songs.  HA HA! 

Looking forward to: The birthing class and Brunch on Sunday....the menu we've put together has me hungry.  :)

 
Happy Easter!!
 

No comments: