Sunday, March 27, 2011

D'OH!!

Well folks, I have to tell you something very important.  The Whole30 Challenge is not for people with weaknesses for cheesecake.  So on that note, I feel better telling you that I have failed the challenge.  On Day 6 of the Whole30, I was tempted with the possibility of having a Cheesecake Factory slice of cheesecake and my will power caved.  I'm a failure.  There I said it.  NOW, let me tell you how GUILTY I feel about it.....




Honestly, I dont' feel guilty.  Eddie and I discussed on the way to the cheesecake factory, and he said that although the Whole30 is probably and incredible cleansing diet for your system, what happens when you go off of it, are you  not allowed to "cheat" ever again?  And seriously, how likely is it that I will never have another piece of cheesecake again?  Exactly 0%.  It's my favorite!!

I don't know how anyone could resist this....


So on that note, let me tell you some of the things I've learned in the past 6 days about my experience with the Whole30 Challenge...

1)  Eating things that come straight from the earth, natural and unprocessed makes you feel like a million bucks.  I never felt bloated, or that horrible after eating, "I ate waaaaay too much" feeling.

2)  I believe if I stuck with it longer, I would see results in definition that I'm seeking to reach with my body much faster.  In just one week, my jeans fit better, and I already see some definition in my abs.

3)  I have an emotional attachment to food.  It's true, especially on the weekends.  Friday nights are usually movie night with Eddie, and I wanted to have popcorn, because that's what society does for movies!  It goes hand in hand - movie and popcorn, but instead I settled for a bowl of bananas, raspberries and walnuts.  I was cranky.  

4)  I have probably cooked every single meal that I have consumed this week.  It's alot of work to eat healthy!  However, I have probably cooked some of the most beautiful dishes this week like this...
Roasted Steak & Raspberry Salad

and this...
Paleo Pancakes
and this too...
Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad
So, I cannot say that the Whole30 was a waste of time for me, because I believe a majority of the time, I will try to stick to a similar diet as often as possible.  Paleo is next in line which Eddie has been practicing all week.

In the meantime, while I come down from my high of sugar shock this morning from my delicious slice of cheesecake last evening, I have to say that I feel like I have a hangover.  I woke up with headache.  Or maybe it was from the tall Sam Adams I drank with my cheesecake?  WHAT?  I cheated!  I already admitted it....don't judge me.  :)  

No comments: