Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Falling off the Wagon

Today is day 3 of my WHOLE30 Challenge. My partner in crime has already fallen off the wagon. So I'm on my own. I am a little scared now, because cooking for two on this diet was much more fun than just cooking for myself.  I'd rather see someone else's reaction other than my own of how good, or bland this food may be.  Anyhow, day 1 was relatively easy. It was like any day 1 of any diet. I was all motivated and gun-ho to get this thing started, and I felt great. We had Crossfit that night, and I really didn’t have much of an appetite post workout, so I forced myself to have a lil dessert before bed.





Ha ha, nothing sinful, but it was refreshing and good.





Day 2, I woke up with a splitting headache and starving! My first thought was, I want pancakes with lots of syrup, or eggos!! I felt lousy. I almost skipped breakfast altogether because I felt nauseous and I really didn’t want eggs again. But I forced myself to have two sunny side up eggs with a small glass of apple cider. My mission today was obvious, I needed to find more solutions on breakfast options. So I visited this site http://www.napclan.com/napclan/

Sarah, the blogger of this site is a super-mom, cross fitting, paleo dieting genius. Not only did she do the WHOLE30 Challenge, but she blogged about it, posted her recipes that she used and created. THANK YOU SARAH!! So I quickly found these great breakfast recipes like sweet potato hash, and apple muffins. That’s right folks, APPLE MUFFINS! Did I ever mention that one of my many nicknames growing up was “muffin” because I loved muffins so much!?? Well it’s true. I had to make these!! So last night, I ventured out to the Organic Market to find almond meal and coconut oil to test out the recipe.

I thought the muffins were delicious…going on two full days without any sugar, or added flavor in my food, these tasted great. Eddie tried them, and my friend Gail tried one, or two or three, both saying that there wasn’t much flavor to them. Gail threw a lil cream cheese on hers and told me to make them again in 30 days and try them with cream cheese.   :)   ha ha! But to me, these muffins were delicious, so delicious, that I ate 4 last night. I did feel guilty eating them but, there was nothing to feel guilty about. Even better!

Today I woke up feeling good. For  breakfast I ate some sweet potato hash, a poached egg with an apple muffin and some coffee. It’s going to be a good day!

No comments: