Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crossfit - and Whole30

So I've recently begun the Beginners Foundation course at Crossfit BWI http://www.crossfitbwi.com/.  As it reminds me of my youth in tumble class and gymnastics it also adds new, never heard of ideas, to me at least...and techniques I've never imagined possible me doing.  Jumping on and off giant tractor tires, olympic rings, pull - ups, full sit ups, kettle bells and lifting ginormous weights that I only pictured Arnold Schwarzenegger carrying around during his body building days.  So far, folks, I'm LOVING it.  That is until yesterday.  You see, I wasn't totally prepared for the whole package of this program.  There is a diet involved.  I've never been able to stick to a diet for more than 2 weeks, IF that.  The diet in the training course is called WHOLE30.  In my opinion, it's the beginnger's guide to the Paleo diet lifestyle.  A book link is here for you to read more about if you're interested. The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet

Anyway, since I'm such a terrible dieter, I've been complaining for the past 12 hours since hearing about it.  Our trainer, Ryan kept saying, "It's only for 30 DAYS!!!  We just want you to see the best results as possible"  So, along with my partner in crime, AKA, My Lover or ManFriend... ;)  we've decided to give it a try.... starting on Monday.  I chose Monday for a few reasons.  1, I just baked a cake Tuesday night and have more than half left to devour, 2, we have half a box of cereal, a half of loaf of bread and 3, I can grocery shop for this specificprogram over the weekend and prep for the upcoming misery, I mean meals.

So basically the Whole30 diet excludes everything...No dairy, no grains, no corn, NOTHING with Sugar in it, no processed food at all (there goes hummus and cold cuts), no BEANS...So pretty much we are allowed to eat meat that was grass fed, fish that was caught in the wild not farm raised, vegetables (excluding corn), and fruits.  Here, check it our for your self. http://whole9life.com/2010/10/whole-30-v3/  It's like we're becoming nomads, hunter's and gatherer's if you will.  Good thing Eddie has been working on his arsonal.

I've decided to blog about this for a number of reasons.  1, I need a place to vent, because I imagine I am going to be cranky.  2, not only is this suppose to be a tranformation of our body to lose weight and rid our bodies of toxins and chemicals that I cannot pronounce, but it's also suppose to be a mental realization of what food does for our body.  We're suppose to track our progress as we go along and note how we feel, what we crave etc.  So here is where I've decided to do this, for all of you to learn from my misery, and experience. After all, it's only 30 days.....oh yeah, and one more thing, they say it's easier to go off crack than processed food.  OY!

3 comments:

kristin austin said...

Good luck girlie I know you can do it!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kristin, and after these 30 days, I will be ready to begin our Beer Blog! :) ha ha

ElisabethCS said...

Yay! You're blogging, Chris!
I've seen Crossfit. It's no joke. Impressed, girlie!

You can do it!

Elisabeth
The Happy Yoga Mom