Thursday, March 31, 2011

Can I have a side of fries with that?

I was reminded this morning of something that never ceases to amaze me about being a woman.  That my friends... is cravings.  Cravings come at very inconvenient times for us gals.  They can make us seem irrational, crazy, disgusting and make us feel like a million bucks all at the same time when we indulge in those cravings or they can turn on us after we indulge and make us feel completely fat and gross.  Interestingly enough there is no single explanation as to WHY we get these cravings.  Some say it's the variation of serotonin and endorphins in our brains or our hormones fluctuating.  But whatever the reason is, I'm happy we have cravings.  I'm even happier when I get to indulge in my cravings.  Today folks, I'm craving one of these guys....

 With a side of these....





 
Now you all know that I'm trying to stick to the Paleo diet which eliminates all of the above except for maybe the beef and lettuce in that picture.  So that is a huge disappointment to my irrational, greasy cravings right now.  But is that thought process helping?  Nope...It's not exactly the same satisfaction to work it out mentally, than to just indulge in the messiness and deliciousness of a Big Mac and French Fries.  I don't care what ya say...Sometimes you just have to listen to your body and give it what it wants.

No comments: